Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Firefall and waterfall



I've been loving blending colours from the anodised aluminium saucepan lid mountain (see previous post) to create these warm and cool cascading earrings.  I am working towards achieving zero waste within my practice and one of the areas I have been looking at is the rim of the saucepan lid, which is the part that these little beauties used to belong to.  It fascinates me to think that these rims used to seal in the juices of some delectable meal, some maybe for years and years. 
If only they could talk.
 They have their own stories and meanings embedded within them, its up to you to continue the story.  See them at 'Striking a Chord'  Fox Creek cellar door, Malpas Road Willunga South Australia, 10-5 everyday.





No comments: